Browsealoud - How to use guide Click Here

SEND Local Offer Partnership Newsletter Click Here

Quick SEND Guides Click Here

COVID-19 - Government guidance on face coverings in Education Click Here

COVID-19 - Travel to school government guidance and West Yorkshire response Click Here

Contact Details


07715 958290


6 Marchcote Lane, Bingley, BD16 1TA


View Website

Leave a review about this service to help others

Collis Disagreement Resolution

What does it do?
It is a voluntary early opportunity to resolve disagreements without the need to make an official complaint to the Local Education Authority It is a positive way for an independent, impartial third party to talk to the people involved and explore the main source of disagreements and bring the people together to resolve these differences.

Who is it for?
It is for parents, carer’s, young people (16-25), local authorities, early year’s providers, schools and post 16 institutions.

The service is free for parents; carer’s and young people to access and you can call Collis Mediation Ltd direct or by speaking to an SEN Officer in the SEN Dept. before making an official complaint

Disagreement Resolution can be used to resolve disagreements regarding:

  • How SEN duties are being carried out (this can include communication issues with schools, local authorities and families) even if there is no EHC Plan
  • The type of SEN support that is provided for a child or young person even if there is no EHC Plan
  • How the EHC Needs Assessment process or drafting of an EHC Plan is being carried out
  • Whilst waiting for a SEND Tribunal hearing date to try to resolve the matter under appeal
  • When there is a general relationship breakdown


Disagreement resolution 

Rate this page to let us know how we can improve

Share on social media

Print this page

Bradford Local Offer Logo

The Bradford SEND Local Offer is a free and impartial service provided by Bradford Council. The information contained within the website is available for the purposes of identifying services and provision that are available to children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities. This information does not represent a recommendation or an endorsement of a Service or Provider and neither does the Bradford Council or its partners make any representations or warranties as to the accuracy of the information.

Anyone seeking to use or access a service or provision is responsible for undertaking their own checks to determine the suitability and fitness for purpose of that service and provision. Some providers will be registered and inspected by external agencies, such as Ofsted or the Care Quality Commission. Anyone working with children and young people will be required to have appropriate Disclosure and Barring Service Check (the replacement for the Criminal Record Check), safeguarding policies and insurance in place, which they should make available to you on request.