Browsealoud - How to use guide Read Full Article

SEND Strategic Partnership Board minutes Read Full Article

SEND Local Offer Partnership Newsletter Read Full Article

Quick SEND Guides Read Full Article

Your EHCP Experience Read Full Article

Contact Details

Leave a review about this service to help others

Report Adult abuse

How to report abuse

If you have been told about or notice abuse or neglect:

  • Ensure the immediate safety and welfare of the adult and any other person at risk
  • If urgent attention is needed for health or safety dial 999
  • If a crime needs to be reported call the police on 101 or you can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111
  • Preserve any evidence
  • Accurately record the incident, any action or decisions. Make sure you sign it and add the date and time

If you or someone you know have been abused, contact:

The Police

  • For emergencies 999
  • For non-emergencies and advice 101

You can also contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111

The Police and Crimestoppers are both open all day and all night.

Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub

Bradford Metropolitan District Council’s Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) is the single point of contact to report safeguarding concerns. The MASH operates in partnership with West Yorkshire Metropolitan Police.

Please note that Adult Safeguarding concerns reported to the MASH are screened by both the Local Authority and Police.

You can contact the MASH team through our online form or by telephone on 01274 431077.

Monday to Thursday: 8.30am to 5pm
Friday: 8.30am to 4.30pm

Outside of opening hours: The MASH will NOT screen concerns Out of Hours. This is handed over to the Emergency Duty Team (EDT).

Out of Hours Emergency Duty Team

Telephone: 01274 431010 (outside office hours)

Monday to Thursday: 5pm to 7.30am
Friday to Monday: 4.30pm to 7.30am

Advocacy Services in the Bradford District

Someone from Advocacy Services will listen to you and help you to:

  • say what you want
  • make sure your rights are met
  • get the services you need

There are many Advocacy Services that can help. More information can be found at our Advocacy page.

Other organisations

There are many other organisations that can help and offer support.

If you are concerned that an adult is being abused, you must report it. Call the Adult Protection Unit on 01274 431077 (Monday to Thursday 8:30am to 4:30pm, Friday 8:30am to 4pm), or at all other times contact the Out of Hours Emergency Duty Team on 01274 431010.

Online forms

Report adult abuse


Related pages

Rate this page to let us know how we can improve

Share on social media

Print this page

Bradford Local Offer Logo

The Bradford SEND Local Offer is a free and impartial service provided by Bradford Council. The information contained within the website is available for the purposes of identifying services and provision that are available to children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities. This information does not represent a recommendation or an endorsement of a Service or Provider and neither does the Bradford Council or its partners make any representations or warranties as to the accuracy of the information.

Anyone seeking to use or access a service or provision is responsible for undertaking their own checks to determine the suitability and fitness for purpose of that service and provision. Some providers will be registered and inspected by external agencies, such as Ofsted or the Care Quality Commission. Anyone working with children and young people will be required to have appropriate Disclosure and Barring Service Check (the replacement for the Criminal Record Check), safeguarding policies and insurance in place, which they should make available to you on request.