Browsealoud - How to use guide Read Full Article

SEND Strategic Partnership Board minutes Read Full Article

SEND Local Offer Partnership Newsletter Read Full Article

Quick SEND Guides Read Full Article

Your EHCP Experience Read Full Article

Contact Details


01274 513300


40-42 Listerhills Science Park, Bradford, BD7 1HR


View Website

Leave a review about this service to help others

Bradford Barnardo's SENDIASS


SENDIASS supports parents and carers of children or young people who have special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) AGES 0 - 25 YEARS living in the Bradford district. Children and Young people can also access the service independently. The service supports with; Exclusions, Transfers, Admissions, Transport, Appeals, Mediation, Complaints, Personal budgets, EHCP's and SEN support.

Who are we and how can we help?

Are you looking for information, advice or support about matters relating to Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities? Bradford SENDIASS stands for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information Advice and Support Service. We are a statutory service run by Barnardo’s and we are an impartial service which is independent from the Local Authority. This means that we will provide you with the facts and information that you need to make informed decisions and choices. We will tell you what your options are and what steps you can take but the decision remains your own. We are not biased and do not take sides but can offer advice and help to put you in touch with the right people to resolve your queries and support you to move things forwards.

SENDIASS supports parents and carers of children and young people with SEND aged 0-25 living in the Bradford District. Children and Young People can access the service independently and we also do some targeted group work with schools to gain children’s views and opinions. We offer a wide range of support from telephone advice, information sheets and packs, social media pages, signposting, training workshops, events, drop in sessions and tailored 1:1 casework. Each case is assessed on an individual basis and support is tailored to individual need.


We offer information and advice primarily around educational issues, but can also advise and signpost on health and social care issues in relation to educational provision and SEND. For example, we can support you with advice on SEN policy and provision, concerns about provision in school, meetings in school, EHCP requests and the assessment process, concerns around delivery of EHCP, exclusions, managed moves, bullying, transport, mediation, and tribunal/appeals.


If you would like to receive advice, information or support from SENDIASS please contact us on 01274 513300 or email  Please leave your contact details and we will contact you within 1-5 working days. You can also request a call back or an email response to your query through the 'contact us' page on our website. Information on workshops available and how to book can be found on the Local Offer, our website or on the Eventbrite website under Bradford SENDIASS. Our social media is also a useful source of information, join us on Facebook ‘Bradford Sendiass’ for regular updates.

What does it do?

The Bradford SENDIASS provides Information, Advice and Support around Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). Support is provided on a range of topics, including provision in schools, assessment processes, conversion of statements to Education, Health and Care Plans, reviews, transitions, exclusions, transport, specialist provision/support services, appeals, local policies, Special Educational Needs code of practice. Support may be provided on a 1-1 or group basis according to need.

Who is it for?

Parents and carers of children and young people (0 – 25) with additional needs may access support from the service. Children and young people with additional needs aged 0 - 25 years themselves may also access support.

By contacting the service direct.

Do you want to comment on this service?

FacebookBradford SENDIASS


Rate this page to let us know how we can improve



What to do if you are worried about your child/young person who are being bullied?

Challenging Decisions

This resource includes mediation information.


What is an Education, Health and Care Plan?

Home to School Transport

Is your child/ young person eligible for free travel to and from school?

Making a Complaints about Schools

if you wish to make a complaint, here is an information sheet on how to complain and who you should complain to.

My Support Plan

If your school has chosen to use a My Support Plan, here is everything you need to know.

Personal Budgets for SEN

What is a personal budget, who can get one and why might you want one?

Preparing for meetings with school

If you have a school meeting coming up, you may want to use this to make sure you are well prepared.

School Exclusion in England

Has your child been excluded from school?

EHCNA: Education Health and Care Needs Assessment Parental Request Preparation Sheet

Use this information sheet to help you to make the request for an Education, health, and Care needs assessment.


Are you thinking about asking the LA for Education other than at school for your child/ young person?

Part-time timetables

Has your child/young person been put on a reduced timetable at school?

Share on social media

Print this page

Bradford Local Offer Logo

The Bradford SEND Local Offer is a free and impartial service provided by Bradford Council. The information contained within the website is available for the purposes of identifying services and provision that are available to children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities. This information does not represent a recommendation or an endorsement of a Service or Provider and neither does the Bradford Council or its partners make any representations or warranties as to the accuracy of the information.

Anyone seeking to use or access a service or provision is responsible for undertaking their own checks to determine the suitability and fitness for purpose of that service and provision. Some providers will be registered and inspected by external agencies, such as Ofsted or the Care Quality Commission. Anyone working with children and young people will be required to have appropriate Disclosure and Barring Service Check (the replacement for the Criminal Record Check), safeguarding policies and insurance in place, which they should make available to you on request.