Browsealoud - How to use guide Read Full Article

SEND Strategic Partnership Board minutes Read Full Article

SEND Local Offer Partnership Newsletter Read Full Article

Quick SEND Guides Read Full Article

Your EHCP Experience Read Full Article

Contact Details


01274 435400


View Website

Leave a review about this service to help others

Adult Short Breaks (Respite Care)

What does it do?
Respite care is usually a short stay from one to seven days stay in a residential home. People who can access this service include people who have care needs or are carers. You may need respite care because the person who normally cares for you is going on holiday or needs a break themselves. A short break gives you the option to have your meals cooked for you and there’s plenty of company to enjoy. Another choice for respite care could be to use the Shared Lives Scheme where you are matched up with a suitable family and go to stay with them for a night or a few days.

Who is it for?
You can get respite care if you: are an older person are disabled, including learning and physical disabilities are being cared for at home need a change or a break have a carer who needs a rest

How do I access it?
When you get in touch with us, a care manager will come and see you to talk about what you need. This is called an assessment. If you are looking after someone else, the care manager will discuss how we can best help you too. We can involve anyone else who needs to be involved, such as your doctor, district nurse, family, other relatives and neighbours etc. This will only be done if you agree. With the help of your family or carers, you can decide how to use your allocated respite care.

Rate this page to let us know how we can improve

Share on social media

Print this page

Bradford Local Offer Logo

The Bradford SEND Local Offer is a free and impartial service provided by Bradford Council. The information contained within the website is available for the purposes of identifying services and provision that are available to children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities. This information does not represent a recommendation or an endorsement of a Service or Provider and neither does the Bradford Council or its partners make any representations or warranties as to the accuracy of the information.

Anyone seeking to use or access a service or provision is responsible for undertaking their own checks to determine the suitability and fitness for purpose of that service and provision. Some providers will be registered and inspected by external agencies, such as Ofsted or the Care Quality Commission. Anyone working with children and young people will be required to have appropriate Disclosure and Barring Service Check (the replacement for the Criminal Record Check), safeguarding policies and insurance in place, which they should make available to you on request.