Browsealoud - How to use guide Read Full Article

SEND Strategic Partnership Board minutes Read Full Article

SEND Local Offer Partnership Newsletter Read Full Article

Quick SEND Guides Read Full Article

Your EHCP Experience Read Full Article

Contact Details


01274 435400


Adaptations Team, 8th Floor Margaret McMillan Tower , Princes Way , Bradford , BD1 1NN


View Website

Leave a review about this service to help others

Disabled Facilities Grant

What does it do?
Helps towards the cost of adapting a home to help a person be more independent or a carer provide support more easily. An occupational therapist will make the initial assessment and work alongside housing officers to decide on appropriate adaptations.

Who is it for?
Anyone living in (or caring for some in) the Bradford district who has a permanent substantial disability, and who has significant difficulties managing everyday tasks within the home.

How do I access it?
If you would like to apply for a Disabled Facilities Grant the first thing you need to do is to get in touch with the Occupational Therapy Service on 01274 435400 to arrange for them to carry out an assessment of your needs.

Rate this page to let us know how we can improve

Share on social media

Print this page

Bradford Local Offer Logo

The Bradford SEND Local Offer is a free and impartial service provided by Bradford Council. The information contained within the website is available for the purposes of identifying services and provision that are available to children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities. This information does not represent a recommendation or an endorsement of a Service or Provider and neither does the Bradford Council or its partners make any representations or warranties as to the accuracy of the information.

Anyone seeking to use or access a service or provision is responsible for undertaking their own checks to determine the suitability and fitness for purpose of that service and provision. Some providers will be registered and inspected by external agencies, such as Ofsted or the Care Quality Commission. Anyone working with children and young people will be required to have appropriate Disclosure and Barring Service Check (the replacement for the Criminal Record Check), safeguarding policies and insurance in place, which they should make available to you on request.