Browsealoud - How to use guide Read Full Article

SEND Strategic Partnership Board minutes Read Full Article

SEND Local Offer Partnership Newsletter Read Full Article

Quick SEND Guides Read Full Article

Your EHCP Experience Read Full Article

Summer Holiday Events and Activities 2022 Read Full Article

Contact Details


0800 9172222 (Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm)


View Website

Leave a review about this service to help others

Mobility Component of Personal Independent Payment

What does it do?

This payment is gradually replacing DLA for people aged 16 to 64. The mobility component of PIP may help with some of the extra costs caused by long-term ill health or a disability if you need help with going out or moving around. The rate a person gets will depend on the level of help they need getting about.

Who is it for?

People aged 16 to 64, who have a long-term health condition or disability which means they have difficulties related to mobility.

To make a new Personal Independence Payment claim contact the Department for Work and Pensions.

Text: 0800 9177777 (Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm)

If you have a question about an existing claim contact the Personal Independence Payment helpline:

Tel: 0345 850 3322

Textphone: 0345 601 6677

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

For a new PIP claim contact the Departments for Work and Pensions.

You will be asked information like: contact details and date of birth, National Insurance number, bank or building society details, doctor’s or health worker’s name. 

Rate this page to let us know how we can improve

Share on social media

Print this page

Bradford Local Offer Logo

The Bradford SEND Local Offer is a free and impartial service provided by Bradford Council. The information contained within the website is available for the purposes of identifying services and provision that are available to children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities. This information does not represent a recommendation or an endorsement of a Service or Provider and neither does the Bradford Council or its partners make any representations or warranties as to the accuracy of the information.

Anyone seeking to use or access a service or provision is responsible for undertaking their own checks to determine the suitability and fitness for purpose of that service and provision. Some providers will be registered and inspected by external agencies, such as Ofsted or the Care Quality Commission. Anyone working with children and young people will be required to have appropriate Disclosure and Barring Service Check (the replacement for the Criminal Record Check), safeguarding policies and insurance in place, which they should make available to you on request.