Browsealoud - How to use guide Read Full Article

SEND Strategic Partnership Board minutes Read Full Article

SEND Local Offer Partnership Newsletter Read Full Article

Quick SEND Guides Read Full Article

Your EHCP Experience Read Full Article

Contact Details


0300 3301343


NHS Business Services Authority, Bridge House, 152 Pilgrim Street, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 6SN


View Website

Leave a review about this service to help others

Healthcare Travel Cost Scheme (HTCS)

What does it do?

You may be able to claim a refund for the cost of travelling to hospital or other NHS premises for NHS-funded treatment or diagnostic test arranged by a GP or dentist.

Who is it for?

To qualify you or your partner must be receiving one of the qualifying benefits or allowances below, or meet the eligibility criteria of the NHS Low Income Scheme. Qualifying benefits include Income Support, Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income-related Employment and Support Allowance, Pension Credit Guarantee Credit, a low income (if you are named on certificate HC2 (full help) or HC3 (limited help), NHS tax credit exemption certificate or you are awarded Universal Credit.

You should take your travel receipts, appointment letter or card and proof that you are receiving one of the qualifying benefits to a nominated cashier’s office or fill out a form found on the website and return it to claim your reimbursement. If you are not sure where the cashier office is at your appointment, ask at reception or the Patient Advice and Liaison Services (PALS) staff.

Send completed (HC5) forms to: 

NHS Business Services Authority, Bridge House, 152 Pilgrim Street, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 6SN

Rate this page to let us know how we can improve

Share on social media

Print this page

Bradford Local Offer Logo

The Bradford SEND Local Offer is a free and impartial service provided by Bradford Council. The information contained within the website is available for the purposes of identifying services and provision that are available to children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities. This information does not represent a recommendation or an endorsement of a Service or Provider and neither does the Bradford Council or its partners make any representations or warranties as to the accuracy of the information.

Anyone seeking to use or access a service or provision is responsible for undertaking their own checks to determine the suitability and fitness for purpose of that service and provision. Some providers will be registered and inspected by external agencies, such as Ofsted or the Care Quality Commission. Anyone working with children and young people will be required to have appropriate Disclosure and Barring Service Check (the replacement for the Criminal Record Check), safeguarding policies and insurance in place, which they should make available to you on request.