Browsealoud - How to use guide Click Here

SEND Local Offer Partnership Newsletter Click Here

Quick SEND Guides Click Here

COVID-19 - Government guidance on face coverings in Education Click Here

COVID-19 - Travel to school government guidance and West Yorkshire response Click Here

Contact Details


0345 605 0525 (7am to 10pm, Monday to Sunday)


Disabled Persons Railcard Office, PO Box 11631, Laurencekirk, AB30 9AA


View Website

Leave a review about this service to help others

Disabled person’s rail card

What does it do?

The Disabled Persons Railcard allows people to get 1/3 off most rail fares throughout Great Britain. If they are travelling with an adult companion they also can get 1/3 off their rail fare too.

Who is it for?

People who are registered as having a visual impairment, deaf or use a hearing aid, or have epilepsy. Anyone receiving Personal Independence Payments or Disability Living Allowance (at either the higher rate or lower rate for getting around or the higher or middle rate for help with personal care). You also qualify if you are five to 15-years old and have a disability listed on the application form (found on the link below or ring for details).

Complete the online application form available below or ring 0345 605 0525.

Text: Minicom/textphone: 0345 601 0132 (for customers with hearing impairments)

Click here to apply online

You can send your completed form, together with the required proof of disability and payment to:

Disabled Persons Railcard Office
PO Box 11631
AB30 9AA

Rate this page to let us know how we can improve

Share on social media

Print this page

Bradford Local Offer Logo

The Bradford SEND Local Offer is a free and impartial service provided by Bradford Council. The information contained within the website is available for the purposes of identifying services and provision that are available to children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities. This information does not represent a recommendation or an endorsement of a Service or Provider and neither does the Bradford Council or its partners make any representations or warranties as to the accuracy of the information.

Anyone seeking to use or access a service or provision is responsible for undertaking their own checks to determine the suitability and fitness for purpose of that service and provision. Some providers will be registered and inspected by external agencies, such as Ofsted or the Care Quality Commission. Anyone working with children and young people will be required to have appropriate Disclosure and Barring Service Check (the replacement for the Criminal Record Check), safeguarding policies and insurance in place, which they should make available to you on request.