Browsealoud - How to use guide Read Full Article

SEND Strategic Partnership Board minutes Read Full Article

SEND Local Offer Partnership Newsletter Read Full Article

Quick SEND Guides Read Full Article

Your EHCP Experience Read Full Article

Summer Holiday Events and Activities 2022 Read Full Article

Contact Details


01274 439450


View Website

Leave a review about this service to help others

Personal travel assistance budgets

If your child gets assistance with travel from home to school or college, you may be eligible to receive a personal travel assistance budget.

A personal travel assistance budget (PTAB) is a sum of money which gives you choice and flexibility so you can make your own travel arrangements for your child.

The amount your child is entitled to will depend on your circumstances, it could allow you to:

  • Drive your child to school
  • Make an arrangement with other parents who also have a PTAB to share the driving
  • Employ someone, such as a child minder, to take your child to School

The benefits are:

  • You chose the method of travel
  • Regular payments made directly to your bank
  • Other benefits you may receive are completely unaffected
  • You get to decide what’s right for your child

The amount you receive will be based on a formula and will be the same regardless of how you choose to use it.

To find out more, and to register contact the Travel Assistance Service on 01274 439450 or email

For policy information please go to 

Rate this page to let us know how we can improve


Travel Application Form

Application form for travel assistance for those children with SEND and all young people over 16

Share on social media

Print this page

Bradford Local Offer Logo

The Bradford SEND Local Offer is a free and impartial service provided by Bradford Council. The information contained within the website is available for the purposes of identifying services and provision that are available to children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities. This information does not represent a recommendation or an endorsement of a Service or Provider and neither does the Bradford Council or its partners make any representations or warranties as to the accuracy of the information.

Anyone seeking to use or access a service or provision is responsible for undertaking their own checks to determine the suitability and fitness for purpose of that service and provision. Some providers will be registered and inspected by external agencies, such as Ofsted or the Care Quality Commission. Anyone working with children and young people will be required to have appropriate Disclosure and Barring Service Check (the replacement for the Criminal Record Check), safeguarding policies and insurance in place, which they should make available to you on request.