Browsealoud - How to use guide Read Full Article

SEND Strategic Partnership Board minutes Read Full Article

SEND Local Offer Partnership Newsletter Read Full Article

Quick SEND Guides Read Full Article

Your EHCP Experience Read Full Article

Contact Details


01274 439450


View Website

Leave a review about this service to help others

Home to School and College Travel

The Travel Assistance Service assesses and determines eligibility for travel assistance. The Travel Assistance Service decides which type of assistance is suitable for children and young people eligible for transport. This could be a daily travel allowance, reimbursement of mileage costs, travel training, a travel buddy, a suitable bus pass and a place on a minibus or taxi.

We now have 2 travel policies, the Home to School Travel and Transport Policy for Children of Compulsory School Age and the Post 16 Transport Policy Statement both can be viewed here If you would like any help with the policy please call 01274 439347

To apply for travel assistance, you will need to fill out an application form. You can get a copy by ringing 01274 439450, by downloading it or filling one in online from the school travel service website

Help may be available from your school/college to complete the application form.

Contact details:

Address: School Travel Service, Margaret McMillan Tower, Princes Way, Bradford, BD1 1NN

Tel: 01274 439450


Q) What do I do if I’m not happy with the decision? 

A) All decisions for travel assistance are made using the Council’s Travel Policies. Those applicants who do not receive travel assistance can have the decision reviewed in the first instance by a senior officer and may take a reviewed decision to appeal.

If you wish your decision to be reviewed please write to the Travel Assistance Service stating the reason why you think the wrong decision has been made.

Address: Travel Assistance Service, Margaret McMillan Tower, Princes Way, Bradford, BD1 1NN

If you do not agree with the decision of the review you may appeal. Appeals must be made in writing and must state the reason why you think the decision of your review is wrong.

Address: Committee Services Officer, Committee Secretariat, City Hall, Bradford BD1 1HY

Rate this page to let us know how we can improve


Travel Application Form

Application form for travel assistance for those children with SEND and all young people over 16

Share on social media

Print this page

Bradford Local Offer Logo

The Bradford SEND Local Offer is a free and impartial service provided by Bradford Council. The information contained within the website is available for the purposes of identifying services and provision that are available to children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities. This information does not represent a recommendation or an endorsement of a Service or Provider and neither does the Bradford Council or its partners make any representations or warranties as to the accuracy of the information.

Anyone seeking to use or access a service or provision is responsible for undertaking their own checks to determine the suitability and fitness for purpose of that service and provision. Some providers will be registered and inspected by external agencies, such as Ofsted or the Care Quality Commission. Anyone working with children and young people will be required to have appropriate Disclosure and Barring Service Check (the replacement for the Criminal Record Check), safeguarding policies and insurance in place, which they should make available to you on request.