Carers' Resource - Parent Carers
Carers’ Resource is an independent charity that provides support for carers across the Bradford, Harrogate and Skipton districts. A carer is anyone who, without payment, provides help and support to a friend, neighbour or relative who could not manage otherwise because of frailty, illness or disability. They may even be juggling paid work with caring responsibilities at home.
We can offer you a carers’ wellbeing review to help identify your needs and explore support that is available to you. We have a support group for parent carers who are registered with us, where we share information about local services and support. We also provide online topical webinars and peer support groups where you can meet other parent carers and talk to one of our locality workers.
Carers’ Resource deals with many and varied situations and can help by:
- Talking through your concerns
- Telling you about information and support – financial, practical or emotional – and how to access it
- Hospital admission and discharge processes
- Advice on benefits entitlement (where we are able to do so)
- How to plan for the future
- How to develop new hobbies and interests
- How to find leisure, learning and employment opportunities
- Where you can go to form links with other carers through groups and activities (eg crafts, lunch clubs, relaxation classes, confidence building, IT sessions, trips)
- Wellbeing grants of up to £150 (see Carers Wellbeing Grant)
- Quarterly newsletter (see Choices Newsletter)
Website: Carers Resource
Facebook: Carers Resource Facebook
Twitter: Carers Resource Twitter
If you are a parent or carer, caring for a child or young person with special educational needs and/or a disability (SEND) we can support you.
Call 01274 449660 (office hours) or fill in this form to get a call-back carersresource.org/contact/carer-self-referral
Who to contact
Where to go
15 Park View Court
BD18 3DZView BD18 3DZ on a map