SEND Short Breaks - Assessment and Specialist Inclusion
What does SEND Short Breaks do?
Offers clubs, groups and holidays sessions for children with additional needs. There are also social activities for the whole family. We also run Duke of Edinburgh Award for young people with disabilities. The team can support young people with personal care/medication/mobility and many other identified needs.
SEND Short Breaks is a team that specialises in researching, identifying, running and monitoring short break services for young people with disabilities aged 0 to 18 years throughout Bradford and districts.
This includes after school, evening, weekend, and school holidays. For example, popular after school clubs, dance and drama, sports and when available Summer Camps that could offer overnight residential stays during the Summer Holidays. We can also offer, based on assessed need, funding for 1:1 support in the community or activities of your choice.
Accessing a short break is via an assessment of need which highlights the most suitable activity to meet the needs of each child and young person.
The team work closely with a wide selection of short breaks providers in Bradford and districts to identify a variety of activities of interest that may be suitable. We also monitor each provision to ensure a high level of service.
The SEND Short Breaks Team consult with young people to capture their wants and wishes regarding what they feel is an activity they would like to do. This also encompasses their comments on how we are doing. This consultation work enables children and young people to participate in co-production of our services moving forward.
Who is the SEND Short Breaks provision for?
To access the service your child/young person needs to meet the following criteria:
- No involvement with Children’s Social Care services e.g. no allocated Social Worker. If a Social Worker is involved then they will assess for any additional needs for support required, including forms of respite.
- Not already accessing any short break activities e.g. Personal Budget for Direct Payments/ Clubs or groups. If already accessing activities, there is no need for additional support.
- Must have a Special Educational Needs or Disability (SEND) that would benefit from Short Breaks support. As evidenced with an Education Health Care Plan (EHCP) or Individual Education Plan (IEP). This will help us determine the best provision that will meet the needs of the child/young person.
How do I access the SEND Short Breaks provision?
- Via the Integrated Front Door
- Directly over the phone on 01274 43 5750 (public)
- By email to email@example.com
- 01274 43 9375 Duty line (professional enquiries only)
Who to contact
- 01274 435750 01274 435750
Where to go
3rd Floor, Margaret McMillan Tower
BD1 1NNView BD1 1NN on a map
- Needs Level
- Universal, With Support, With Specialist Support
- SEN Provision Type