Bradford School Exclusions Team
In relation to exclusions the LA and school must have regard to the guidance contained in the Department for Education (DfE) Guidance: Suspension and Permanent Exclusion from maintained schools, academies and pupil referral units in England, including pupil movement (2022)
View information about Parent Guide to School Exclusions – Frequently Asked Questions
Please see information below for further guidance.
Bradford School Exclusions Team Bradford’s exclusions team is made up of three officers that advise on exclusion from school. Please ring or email for impartial advice on anything to do with your child’s exclusion.
Our role is:
- to make sure that the government’s exclusion guidance is followed to minimise disruption to a pupil’s education;
- to advise school staff, parents or carers, governors and professionals and others seeking support on the exclusion process;
- to support schools to use alternatives to exclusion, such as a managed move, look at behaviour as communication and consider underlying needs that develops support and provision captured within documents such as, my support plan (MSP), or pastoral support plans (PSP), phased reintegration/partial-timetables and referrals to other supporting services where appropriate;
- to provide training to those involved in the exclusion process;
- to support clerks to the governing board;
- to monitor all exclusions from maintained schools and academies, and produce data for reporting purposes to the government; and
- to attend governor meetings related to a permanent exclusions at maintained schools and as an observer at academy schools should parent or carer wish us to attend.
View information about School Suspension and Permanent Exclusion
View information about Types of Exclusion
View information about Headteacher's considerations before decision to suspend or permanently exclude
View information about Alternatives to Suspensions and Exclusions
View information about Education During a Suspension or Exclusion
View information about Off-rolling and Unlawful Suspensions and Exclusions
View guidance about Managed Move Guidance for Parents and Carers
Additional information can be found within resources at the bottom of the page.
School staff, parents or carers, governors and professionals and others seeking support on the exclusion process.
Paul Jennings Exclusions Officer 01274 432446
Samantha Griffiths Exclusions Officer 01274 435239
Karen Roper Senior Exclusions Officer 01274 439333
Who to contact
- 01274 439333/432446/435239 01274 439333/432446/435239
Where to go
Margaret McMillan tower
BD1 1NNView BD1 1NN on a map
- Needs Level
- Universal, With Support, With Specialist Support
- SEN Provision Type