William Merritt Centre
What does it do?
We offer professional, individual assessments and advice on a whole range of disability equipment for clients including:
- Scooter and powered wheelchairs
- Stair lifts and through floor lifts
- 3 and 4 wheeled walkers
- Manual wheelchairs
- Wash and dry toilets (e.g. Clos-o-mat and Geberit)
- Bath lifts and Bathing equipment
- Kitchen equipment and gadgets
- Computer access and writing aids
- Electric adjustable profiling beds and bed equipment
- Driving Assessments (not free of charge if self referring)
- Paediatric Occupational Therapy
These assessments are completely FREE of charge and are carried out by an Occupational Therapist. Our aim is to enable people to “try before you buy” in an impartial environment as we don’t sell any equipment. Contact the Centre for more details or to book an assessment on 0113 350 8989 – no GP or Health Professional referral is necessary.
Who is it for?
Children and young people up to age 18, and then adults of all ages.
Your doctor, paediatrician or other health professional can refer you, but this is not necessary as you can self refer. Contact the Centre for more details or to book an assessment on 0113 350 8989 – no GP or Health Professional referral is necessary. Or you can visit the Centre's website: www.wmdlc.org
Who to contact
Where to go
100 Town Street
LS13 1HPView LS13 1HP on a map
- Needs Level
- Universal, With Support, With Specialist Support
- SEN Provision Type