Bradford Council SEND Strategy for Children and Young People
SEND Strategy for CYP 2018 -2022
Consultation on our draft strategy for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)
Bradford district consulted on its strategy for how we support children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities this year.
Our SEND Strategy for CYP 2018-2022 sets out the vision and strategic priorities for the Bradford Local Area for the period 2018-2022. The strategy is continuously reviewed and monitored to ensure that priorities remain focused, the last revisions made to the strategy were made in January 2020.
The key partners who we are working with to develop, implement and review our strategy are:
- Children and young people with SEND
- Parents and carers of children and young people with SEND
- Health commissioners and providers
- Mainstream and specialist education settings
- Voluntary and community sector organisations
- Children’s Services and Adult Community Services - Bradford Council
The strategy’s vision sets out our ambition for the children and young people with SEND in Bradford and their families. The strategy outlines the principles, key priorities, approaches and key actions we will take to deliver our vision.
In particular, we would like your feedback on the following questions:
- Do you support our vision for children and young people with SEND?
- Do you support the six principles we have developed?
- Do you support the seven key priorities identified in the draft strategy?
- We want to ensure that all children and young people with SEND receive the support they need and achieve appropriate outcomes regardless of their background. Are there any points you would raise in respect of gender, race, age or any other equality related issues that you feel the strategy should take account of?
- Are there any other comments you would like to make about the draft strategy?
We are committed to reviewing the strategy annually so we can continue to drive the improvements needed and to make the strategy a ‘live’ document that responds to the needs of children and their families.
SEND Strategy was reviewed with children and young people with SEND and their parent carers in Sept 2019 and Jan 2020. Here you can review the comments received - Consultation with Children & Young People at Nell Bank Inclusion Play Day.
Who to contact
- 01274 439 261 01274 439 261
Where to go
Margaret McMillian Tower
BD1 1NNView BD1 1NN on a map
- Needs Level
With Specialist Support
- SEN Provision Type