Bradford District Credit Union
Bradford District Credit Union's Vision is to be well known locally serving the District for responsible savings, budgeting and lending.
Who are we?
- We are an alternative to high street bankers and other high interest lenders covering Bradford, Kirklees and Craven districts.
- We provide membership and services in a sustainable way inclusive of financially excluded communities.
- We are a modern and ethical credit union that encourages savings, budgeting and lending for the future to members.
- We have 9,000 members who collectively save and borrow via its website www.bdcu.co.uk
To deliver this vision the credit union will:
- Ensure that we remain sustainable by increasing our savings and loan book allowing us to grow and serve members better.
- Increase active new membership within the district & common bond area, support existing members and those whose financial exclusion prevents them from participating fully in society.
- Be financially secure with effective governance, ensuring that we are able to offer improved services to our members.
What does it do?
- Bradford District Credit Union is a cooperative organisation who works in partnership to bring together people from all backgrounds, races and faiths to reduce financial exclusion and exploitation so people can make informed choices and lead independent lives.
- Bradford Council ‘Health and Wellbeing’ department funds the Financial Inclusion Officer who is employed by the Bradford Credit Union to provide workshops and information to help people learn to budget, save, and borrow safely and ethically.
- Savers have access to low cost loan to reduce reliance on payday lenders and loan sharks.
- We work in partnership with the community to provide community development projects like FoodSavers food insecurity project with Inn Churches.You can access more information on FoodSavers here: https://www.bdcu.co.uk/FoodSavers
- The Credit Union partners with Bradford Council and NHS in providing staff with payroll savings and loans as well as providing workshops with patient groups.
Who is it for?
- The Credit Union has 9,000 members who collectively save and borrow.
- We have savings accounts for all ages and backgrounds.
- The Lord Mayor of Bradford endorsed the Credit Union as offering ‘Faith Friendly’ savings that are an ethical alternative to institutions that pay interest on savings as Credit Unions do not pay interest on savings but return any surplus back to members.
How do I access it?
Who to contact
Where to go
BD1 1HYView BD1 1HY on a map
- Needs Level
- Universal, With Support, With Specialist Support
- SEN Provision Type