A carer is someone who, without payment, provides help and support to a friend, neighbour or relative who could not manage otherwise because of frailty, illness or disability. They may even be juggling paid work with caring responsibilities at home. Carers’ Resource provides support for carers, no matter what their age, race, religion or needs.
We deliver services in Bradford, Craven, Harrogate and Selby Districts.
Carers’ Resource exists to support unpaid carers. We provide information, advice and support to carers, to the people they care for and to professionals who work with them. Carers’ Resource is an independent, award-winning Yorkshire charity which is open to everyone and offers emotional and practical help to enable them to cope.
As the charity has grown and developed, we have taken on other roles, too. For example, we help people after they return home from hospital, and provide assistance in people’s own homes through our dedicated domiciliary care service - Care@.
We can help with information, advice and support for adult carers
- Someone to listen and understand - call our advice line on 0808 501 5939
- Advice and support on hospital, GP and social care services
- Planning advice for emergencies
- Help with form filling
- A carer ID card
- An informative newsletter
- Advice about maintaining your own wellbeing and looking after yourself
- Groups and events for carers to socialise and support one another in a relaxed setting
- Advice about employment and training
What else is available?
- support for isolated carers
- practical carer support
- carers’ assessments will identify the support that can be provided
- carers information tailored to individual needs and circumstances
- carers will be made aware of services for themselves or the person they care for
- carers will be helped to plan for emergencies
- an independent advocacy service to address concerns and allow a carer to find ways to access
- support carers can share experiences of caring and access breaks, education, training, leisure and employment
- a carers personal budget which provides small one-off payments to carers to promote their own health and well-being
- supporting professionals and raising carer awareness
- a way for carers’ voices to be heard by local decision makers
Carers’ Resource Support for Parent Carers
We can offer you a carers’ wellbeing review to help identify your needs and explore support that is available to you. We have a support group for parent carers who are registered with us, where we share information about local services and support. We also provide online topical webinars and peer support groups where you can meet other parent carers and talk to one of our locality workers. Contact: 01274 449660 www.carersresource.org
Who are the services for?
Carers of any age who live in or care for someone who lives in the Bradford, Airedale, Wharfedale and Craven areas. However, young carers are likely to be referred to specific young carers’ services. People who undertake caring as part of their paid employment or their voluntary work for an organisation are not able to access this service.
Opening times: Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm (excluding Bank Holidays)
Carers resource is provided for free. Charges may apply for other services carers are directed to, including those services from a provider. The service will let carers know what charges apply.
How do I access this service? You can access the service in person: 15 Park View Court, St Paul's Road, Shipley, BD18 3DZ Telephone: 01274 449660 to make an appointment or for information.
Website: Carers Resource - Bradford Office
Freephone advice line 0808 501 5939
Who to contact
- 01274 449660 01274 449660
- QR Code for this page
Where to go
15 Park View Court
St Paul’s Road
BD18 3DZView BD18 3DZ on a map
- Needs Level
- Universal, With Support, With Specialist Support
- SEN Provision Type