Appeals to SEND Tribunal
What does it do?
We’re responsible for handling appeals against local authority decisions regarding special educational needs
Who is it for?
We are part of the Health, Education and Social Care Chamber, one of 7 chambers of the First-tier Tribunal which settles legal disputes and is structured around particular areas of law.
How do I access this provision?
Contact First-tier Tribunal (Special Educational Needs and Disability) General enquiries First-tier Tribunal (Special Educational Needs and Disability) 1st Floor, Darlington Magistrates Court Parkgate Darlington DL1 1RU Email email@example.com Telephone 01325 289 350 Fax 0870 739 4017 Opening hours and facilities: https://courttribunalfinder.service.gov.uk/courts/darlington-magistrates-court-and-family-court
We’re responsible for handling appeals against local authority decisions regarding special educational needs, including a refusal to:
- assess a child’s educational, health and care (EHC) needs
- make a statement of their special educational needs
- reassess their special educational needs
- create an EHC plan
- change what’s in a child’s special educational needs statement or EHC plan
- maintain the statement or EHC plan
We also handle appeals against decisions to refuse people under 18 in custody:
- an EHC assessment
- an EHC plan after assessment
- a placement to a suitable school or other institution after their release
We also handle appeals against discrimination by schools or local authorities due to a child’s disability.
Who to contact
- QR Code for this page
- Needs Level
- Universal, With Support, With Specialist Support
- SEN Provision Type