Bradford Children's Community Team
What does it do?
- Provide assessment and treatment to children and young people in the Bradford and Airedale area including:-
- Wound Care in clinic and at home
- Gastrostomy/Caecostomy/Cystostomy care
- Pre-Chemo Bloods in the home
- Ongoing maintenance chemotherapy bloods
- CVAD care
- Nasogastric Tubes
- Overnight saturation monitoring
- Training for schools and nurseries
- Training for parents and carers
- Care of Oxygen dependent children
- Supply families with consumables
- Home IV antibiotics, injections and other medications
- Weight monitoring
- Tracheostomy care
- Care of a child on invasive and non-invasive ventilation
- Liaise with and support members of the multi-disciplinary/multi-agency team in delivering care in the community
- Provide nursing support in the home to help reduce hospital admissions and facilitate early discharge
The team consists of nurses, healthcare support workers, family support workers, play specialists, community physiotherapists, admin staff, and practice development
Who is it for?
- Children and young people aged up to 18 with a health need (this includes young people aged 16-17 who may have been under the care of adult services but the District Nursing Service will not accept referrals for this age group on discharge from hospital.
- Children with a Bradford and Airedale G.P.
How to access this service
- By referral from a Consultant, G.P., Health Visitor, School Nurse, Nurse Specialists and other healthcare professionals.
- Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Patient Experience Service
- Telephone: 01274 364810
- Email: patient.experience @bthft.nhs.uk
To make a Complaint
- Tel: 01274 364810 or Email patient.experience @bthft.nhs.uk
Or for more information about Patient experience and complaints click here
Who to contact
Where to go
Children’s Community Nursing Team
St Luke's Hospital
BD5 0NAView BD5 0NA on a map
- Needs Level
- Universal, With Support, With Specialist Support
- SEN Provision Type