Bradford Council SEND Specialist Assessment & Support Services (Local Authority)

SEND Specialist Assessment & Support Services covers specialist assessment and support when it appears that a child or young person may require individual special educational, social care and/or continuing health care provision. This happens if their needs cannot be met by mainstream services even with additional support from within those services. This service includes the following teams:

  • Special educational needs (SEN) assessment
  • Children with Complex Health or Disabilities Team (CCHDT Social Care) 
  • Children's continuing health care 
  • Specialist Personal Advisors for education, employment and training 
  • There are also close links with the Council's Pediatric Occupational Therapy Service. 

The service complete assessments for: -Single education, health and care plans (EHCPs) which used to be known as statements or learning disability assessments.

If the following situations apply and you require an urgent response, please speak to the special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) team on 01274 435750 and Press 1

  • If there is an unexpected breakdown in the usual carer support, for example, the parent or carer has an unplanned hospital admission and there is no extended family able to look after the child. 
  • The child has an unexpected hospital admission. 
  • There is a sudden change in a medical condition or family circumstance that directly impacts on the ability to attend educational provision.

If you are 16-25 years old, are homeless, and have nowhere to sleep tonight you can ask for a referral to Nightstop at any Police station.


Read our one minute guides
Remove from shortlist
Contact the Local Offer

Page last reviewed: 19/12/2023

Skip back to top of page