What's New How to use this site Making sense of SEND Information about Services & Safeguarding

How to use this site

Find Out What's New!


EducationPlease note: we are currently still working on this new section with children, young people and service providers across the district and In the meantime you can view the content already provided. We thank you for your patience while we work on this. 


What is an Education Health & Care Plan?

" I Wish I'd Known"

"What about the Future"

Supported Employment

In the Bradford District information, advice and support about jobs, supported employment, traineeships, apprenticeships for people with disabilities and those with complex needs is available from JobCentre Plus via Remploy. Click her to view Remploy website.

Project Search

Supported Employment is also available through Project SEARCH which offers a unique opportunity for students with learning difficulties, aged 18 to 25, to develop skills for the work place and be supported in their search for employment. For more information click on Project Search (Internships) page on the left hand side tab or  click here for the Project Search website.

"What about work"

Apprenticeships & Traineeships

Apprenticeships combine practical training in a job with study. You can find more information about Apprenticeships at https://www.gov.uk/apprenticeships-guide/overview

The West Yorkshire Learning Providers (WYLP) network can also help you find out about Apprenticeships and traineeships in the Bradford District and West Yorkshire. You can find out more here

'Personal Budgets'

'Post 16 Support Service'

16-19 bursary scheme

The 16-19 bursary scheme is a government scheme that provides financial support via schools and colleges to help young people meet the costs of participating in education and training after the age of 16 where they might otherwise struggle for financial reasons. The scheme offers two types of bursary.

  • A vulnerable bursary of up to £1,200 a year for young people in one of the defined vulnerable groups

  • Discretionary bursaries that institutions award to meet individual needs, for example, transport, meals, books and equipment

More information can be on this link https://www.gov.uk/1619-bursary-fund/overview


If you or a health worker has concerns following the birth of your child, and your baby needs to stay in hospital afterwards or have further tests to find a diagnosis, it can be a very difficult time.

A health visitor, a doctor or midwife may speak to you about a referral to a child development team who have a range of specialists health professionals including paediatricians,physiotherapists and speech and language therapists who can do a full assessment of your baby to try and identify the cause.

In some cases it can take a long time to get a diagnosis, especially if your child has a rare condition which is harder to identify. There is support available at this difficult time through the national charity, Contact a Family see website click here

Contact a Family can provide information and support both over the phone and through their website, which has a large range of useful guides, including:
• When your child has additional needs
• Living without a diagnosis
• Living with a rare condition
• Understanding your child’s behaviour

This page was last updated on 11/04/2019. This page has been viewed 2307 times.