What does it do?
Prevention and Early Help is the name we give to the way we support families and communities in Bradford.
Prevention is about stopping problems emerging in the first place. Early Help is about preventing problems that are happening from getting worse.
Bradford Council is making changes to the way that it provides Prevention and Early Help services across the district.
We have listened carefully to feedback from two public consultations, and changed our plans after hearing what you had to say.
These new plans have now been approved by the council and will come into effect in October 2018.
Who is it for?
For all babies, children, young people and families families. 0-19 (Up to 25yrs SEND)
How do I access it?
If you are a professional and want to find out about local activities and support for children, families and young people, please visit the Families Information Service website and/or SEND Local Offer, which provides information and services for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities, including short breaks.
How can I find out more?
01274 437503 (8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday and 8.30am to 4.30pm Friday) Urdu/Punjabi Helpline: 01274 431252 Polish/Slovak/Czech Helpline: 01274 434905
Text 'FIS' to 07781472076 and we will call you back.
What information do we collect?
- Universal Services – for you and your child
- contact details
- date of birth
- Special Educational Needs and Disability
- Events and services accessed
Early Help – in addition to the above information, we also collect
- Reasons for support – what is working well and what you are worried about
- Assessment and plan information – further details of your situation and how we are going to work together to bring about the changes you want to see
In order to provide Early Help Services, we also obtain sensitive personal information from the following sources, where appropriate:
- involvement with other Children’s Services teams from Bradford Council
- medical information from Health services
- attendance and exclusion information from schools
- housing information from Incommunities
- details of adults out of work from Department of Work and Pensions
- details of any criminal offences from the Police
- details of victims of youth crime from the Police
Do you want to comment on this service? Leave Feedback
This page was last updated on 17/10/2018. This page has been viewed 2850 times.