What's New How to use this site Making sense of SEND Information about Services & Safeguarding

How to use this site

Find Out What's New!

Independent Parental SEN Advice (IPSEA)

What does it do?

IPSEA is a registered charity offering free and independent legally based advice to parents of children with all kinds of special educational needs and/or/disabilities (SEND) in England on any issue preventing their child from accessing the right education, including: • local authorities’ legal duties to assess and provide for children with special educational needs and/or disabilities; • exclusions of children with special educational needs and/or disabilities; • action or inaction by local authorities and/or schools which discriminate against children with any kind of disability. IPSEA's trained volunteers give free advice and support in England to help get the right education for children with SEND. You can also get help by looking at their website resources. These explain how to resolve common problems (such as exclusion, transport, refusal to assess) using the law.

Who is it for?

Parents and carers of children or young people with special educational needs and / or disabilities. Professionals working with and supporting parents whose children have SEND can also access our website resources along with our training and consultancy services.

How do I access it?

Next step advice on issues such as problems with schools; requesting statutory assessment; proposed statements and EHC Plans; annual reviews; disability discrimination; exclusion.

How can I find out more?

Telephone: 0845 602 9579

Website: click here

Do you want to comment on this service? Leave Feedback

General Advice Line: 0800 018 4016 

Information service: Email based service providing information on the law and rights of parents, children and young people as well as the duties of local authorities towards them. Click here for an enquiry form: https://www.ipsea.org.uk/contact/advice-and-support/information-service

Tribunal Help Line: 0845 602 9579   Next-step advice on SEN appeals and disability discrimination claims to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal. When you call they will assess whether you need casework support, which IPSEA can also provide via its Tribunal Support Service volunteers. Please click here for Tribunal Help Line opening times: https://www.ipsea.org.uk/contact/advice-and-support/tribunal-helpline



This page was last updated on 23/04/2019. This page has been viewed 1474 times.