What does it do?
We’re responsible for handling appeals against local authority decisions regarding special educational needs
Who is it for?
We are part of the Health, Education and Social Care Chamber, one of 7 chambers of the First-tier Tribunal which settles legal disputes and is structured around particular areas of law.
How do I access it?
Contact First-tier Tribunal (Special Educational Needs and Disability)
First-tier Tribunal (Special Educational Needs and Disability)
1st Floor, Darlington Magistrates Court
01325 289 350
0870 739 4017
Opening hours and facilities:
How can I find out more?
We’re responsible for handling appeals against local authority decisions regarding special educational needs, including a refusal to:
- assess a child’s educational, health and care (EHC) needs
- make a statement of their special educational needs
- reassess their special educational needs
- create an EHC plan
- change what’s in a child’s special educational needs statement or EHC plan
- maintain the statement or EHC plan
We also handle appeals against decisions to refuse people under 18 in custody:
- an EHC assessment
- an EHC plan after assessment
- a placement to a suitable school or other institution after their release
We also handle appeals against discrimination by schools or local authorities due to a child’s disability.
Do you want to comment on this service? Leave Feedback
This page was last updated on 11/04/2018. This page has been viewed 604 times.