What's New How to use this site Making sense of SEND Information about Services & Safeguarding

How to use this site

Find Out What's New!

Disabled Students Allowance (DSA)

What does it do?

This is an allowance to help with the additional costs students can face when they have a disability. The amount of money available depends on the amount and type of extra support you need. DSAs don’t have to be repaid and don’t affect any benefits you may be in receipt of.

Who is it for?

As a higher education student living in England, you can apply for a Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) if you have a disability including Students’ with a: • Long-term health condition • Mental health condition • Specific learning difficulty, such as dyslexia. You must meet the definition of disability under the Equality Act 2010. You must also: • Be an undergraduate or postgraduate student (including Open University or distance learning) • Have a condition that affects your ability to study • Qualify for student finance from Student Finance England • Be studying on a course that lasts at least a year

How do I access it?

To apply you will need to send a form called (DSA1) to Student Finance England. You can access the form on the website or contact Student Finance England. You can also contact the disability adviser at college or university for further advice about financial help.

How can I find out more?

Telephone: 03001000607

Text: 03001000622
Address: PO Box 210, Darlington, DL1 9HJ
Website: click here

Do you want to comment on this service? Leave Feedback


This page was last updated on 25/05/2018. This page has been viewed 1736 times.