What's New How to use this site Making sense of SEND Information about Services & Safeguarding

How to use this site

Find Out What's New!

Post 16 Education and Training

Continuing your Education-Post 16

There is a range of options for continuing your studies Post 16. Your school will provide information, advice and guidance on which option is right for you. Your school will start to discuss these options with you during your annual reviews from Year 9 onwards, along with any support that you might need to move on successfully.

Further Education

There are lots of options for continuing your studies in Further Education (FE) when you leave school whether you move on at 16, 17, 18 or 19. There are three local FE colleges and many other training providers in Bradford that offer a wide range of courses.

If you have an Education Health and Care Plan, the Council will also help you to get support to study by setting out what you need in the plan and by sharing this with the college or training provider you will be attending.

Help with costs in Further Education

As a further education student, you may be eligible for a ’16-19 bursary’ to pay for things like books and other equipment for your course. You can find information about the ’16-19 Bursary’ and other financial support that might be available to help you with your studies here;  https://localoffer.bradford.gov.uk/Services/Details.aspx?mid=267 

Higher Education

Higher education is the next step on from further education. You can find more information at: https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/disability-support-in-higher-education

Help with costs in Higher Education

As a higher education student, you can apply for a Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) if you have a disability. You can find information about the Disability Student Allowance here


In the Bradford District information, advice and support about supported employment, traineeships, and apprenticeships for people with disabilities and those with complex needs is available from JobCentre Plus via Remploy click here for more information

Project SEARCH

Supported Employment is also available through Project SEARCH which offers a unique opportunity for students with learning difficulties, aged 18 to 25, to develop skills for the work place and be supported in their search for employment. For more information click on Project Search (Internships) page on the left hand side tab or click here for the Project Search website.


Apprenticeships combine practical training in a job with study. You can find more information about Apprenticeships at https://www.gov.uk/apprenticeships-guide/overview

For more information about apprenticeships see the document "Introduction to Apprenticeships" at the bottom of the page within the resource file.

The West Yorkshire Learning Providers (WYLP) network can also help you find out about Apprenticeships and traineeships in the Bradford District and West Yorkshire. You can find out more here

The following guide links to Higher education from Disability Rights UK

Funding higher education for disabled students 2018/19 -

If you’re going to study a higher education course at college or university, you may need funding to cover tuition fees, living costs and disability-related costs. - Click here

Use the range of services listed on the left hand side of this page and select a category you would like more information about.

Bradford Council Jobs

Bradford Council Apprenticeships

Bradford Council Volunteering

This page was last updated on 11/12/2018. This page has been viewed 4621 times.