Bradford SEND Strategic Review 2016-2020
Part 1: Ensuring the sufficiency of specialist places in the Bradford District for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and Behaviour
Part 2: Review of Teaching Support Services
Current and Future Need 2016 - 2020
There is clear and compelling rationale that underpins the strategic review of special educational needs and disabilities across the Bradford:
- We have a growing population of children and young people in Bradford and proportionally have a growing population of children and young people with SEND;
- The complexity of special needs in Bradford is increasing - as a result there is a need for more specialist places.
- Bradford is a highly inclusive local authority; only 1% of our school population are in Special Schools.
- Increasing the number of specialist places for SEND alongside a predicted population growth will still only result in around 1% of SEND pupils attending specialist provision.
- We are working in a challenging and changing landscape both financially and educationally.
See attached below the full version of the Bradford SEND Strategic Review 2016-2020
This page was last updated on 19/07/2017. This page has been viewed 606 times.