Bradford’s Local Offer information sheet
Why is it important for parent/carers and children, young people with special educational needs/disabilities and service providers to leave feedback and what happens to feedback received?
What is the Local Offer?
The Local Offer is a new way of giving children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and their parents or carers information about what activities and support is available in the area where you live.
As well as the Local Offer website offering details of services, we have a Bradford and District Local Offer Pocket Sized booklet of Services. Click on the link to see the current Guide to Services Bradford’s Local Offer Pocket Sized Booklet Every effort has been made to ensure the information in this booklet is accurate at the time of going to print, April 2015.
If you are aware of any changes to the information contained in this booklet, contact Bradford Families Information Service 01274 437503.
How does it help you?
It will make it easier to find out what you need to know, when you need to know it. It tells you where the nearest and most suitable services are letting you give feedback, raise concerns or make a comment or complaint.
The information available contains information and links to organisations which may help you.
You can use the website to give feedback, raise concerns or make a comment or complaint.
Why is this service different?
The Bradford's Local Offer has been developed by children, young people, parents and carers living in the Bradford district. It is more than a directory of services. It brings everything together in one place.
What is Local Offer Feedback
Bradford Local Offer will involve children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities and their parent carers in:
- Planning the content of the Local Offer
- Deciding how to publish the Local Offer
- Reviewing the Local Offer and enabling them to make comments about it
- Local Offer will directly involve children, young people up to 25 years and their parent/carers in developing and reviewing the Local Offer through means of existing forums, relevant events, and focus workshops within the districts provisions/organisation groups, social media, meetings, online surveys and the Local Offer website feedback page. Click here find out what Promotion and Feedback events, meetings and workshops have been attended to gain various sources of feedback about the Local Offer directly from service providers, children & young people with special educational needs /disabilities and their parent carers.
Children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities and their parent carers are invited to leave compliments, comments or concerns about the local offer within our websites feedback page, in particularly the :
- The content of the Local Offer, including the quality of existing provision and any gaps in the provision
- The accessibility of information in the Local Offer
- How the Local offer has been developed or reviewed
If you have a complaint or concern about an individual service you should contact the service directly for this to be dealt with through their comments and complaints process.
The local authority will regularly monitor all of the feedback that is received about the local offer.
The website feedback page on the Local Offer has been reviewed and developed by parent carers, children young people and service providers.
An annual report will be published on the Local Offer website to let you know what your feedback said and what actions have been taken as a result. The comments received will be within the annual report in a “you said we did” format” and published within and available separate to the annual report on the feedback page.
Parents, carers, children and young people will continue to be involved in the on-going review and development of the local offer.
This page was last updated on 29/11/2017. This page has been viewed 760 times.